Powered by a virtual international team of multi-talented communications professionals who share a vision for transformative change in Africa through strategic communications and in partnership with the World Communication Forum Association, Africa Communications Week’s key objective is to encourage and engage communicators across the board to critically assess how the communication industry impacts Africa’s development.
ACW is open to all communicators with an expertise/interest in Africa, from African countries and across the globe. “Along with other fields such as economics, agriculture and technology, communications now has the opportunity to position itself and demonstrate its relevance as a real management discipline that contributes significantly to Africa’s socio-economic rise. And this is a collective effort that the industry should lead”, explains co-founder Annie Mutamba.
- Wynne Musabayana, Head of Communications, Africa Union
- Yana Dubeykovskaya, President World Communication Forum Association
- Moky Makura, Country Representative South Africa, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Mimi Kalinda, MD Africa Communication Group
- Khalid Baddou, Head of Communication Africa, Western Union
- Thierry Hot, Founder, Rebranding Africa Forum
- Tidiane Dioh, Fonctionnaire International & Media specialist
ACW also promotes knowledge and professional development by hosting informative webinars and masterclasses as well as providing practical tools on how Africa focused communicators can begin to advance more realistic narratives about Africa.
“It’s time to critically assess our role and impact and take more deliberate actions to shaping Africa’s narrative,” says ACW co-founder Eniola Harrison.
Source: Cypress Entertainment