…recognises Gayheart Mensah and Georgina Asare Fiagbenu.
The Institute of Public Relations (IPR) Ghana, the professional body for Public Relations practitioners in Ghana has held its 5th IPR Ghana Excellence Awards and Presidential Dinner. Since its inception, the IPR Ghana Excellence Awards has recognized the sterling achievements and positive contributions of personalities and public relations department of various organizations.
This year’s awards ceremony, which was under the theme: “PR and Peaceful Elections: My Role, Your Role”, saw Yolanda Zoleka Cuba, the Chief Executive of Vodafone Ghana as the Special Guest of Honour.
In her speech, Mrs. Cuba noted that PR is integral part of every organisations and so practitioners must use their role to ensure that organisations, they represent see the return on investment.
She also called on PR practitioners to use their role to promote peace in Ghana especially, as Ghana heads to the polls later this year; adding “Ghana is a beautiful country and you must jealously guard the peace”.
This year, Mr. Gayheart Mensah, External Affairs and Legal Director at Vodafone Ghana, was adjudged the PR Personality for 2015, while the PR Discovery of the Year award went to Georgina Asare Fiagbenu of MTN Ghana.
Below is the full list of winners and some pictures from the event.
- PR Personality of the Year 2015 – Gayheart Mensah (Vodafone Ghana)
- PR Discovery of the Year 2015 – Georgina Asare Fiagbenu (MTN Ghana)
- PR Organisation of the Year (Telecommunications) – MTN Ghana
- PR Organisation of the Year (Public sector) – Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA)
- PR Organisation of the Year (Finance) – Stanbic Bank
- PR Consultancy of the Year – Global Media Alliance (GMA)
- Social Media organisation of the Year – Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA)
- PR Campaign of the Year – Vodafone X
- CSR Project of the Year – MTN Heroes of Change